Privacy Notice – PETRONAS Digital
Pursuant to Articles 13 and 14 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679, on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter “GDPR”) we hereby inform you on our current policies and practices applicable to the processing of your personal data (the “Personal Data”) collected by Petronas Lubricants Italy S.p.A. (“Petronas” or “us”)
Data controller and contact details
The data controller is Petronas. Herein below you may find the relevant contacts details:
Petronas Lubricants Italy S.p.A. with a Sole Shareholder
Via Santena no. 1 – Villastellone (TO)
Register of Enterprises of Turin no. 05082750968
Tax Code and VAT no. 05082750968
Data protection officer (“DPO”): Mr. Nemio Passalacqua
Categories of Personal Data
The term Personal Data refers to the data you provide to Petronas by the submission and/or compilation of the contact/registration form and includes the following data categories:
- Personal data
- Company data
Purposes of the processing and legal basis
Purposes of the processing
In case you give your consent, your Personal Data will be collected and processed exclusively for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the services you request (e.g. to be contacted by Petronas) and/or to share the Personal Data with other Petronas Group’ companies within EEA
- to contact you from time to time (e.g., by means of commercial newsletters, text messages, phone calls etc.) for marketing purposes, with information about current or new products, commercial opportunities and services or events sponsored by Petronas that may be of interest to you, as well as to verify customer satisfaction and to carry out market researches and surveys, and also to allow you to participate to prize contests, rewards, trips and/or receive gifts;
- to communicate your Personal Data to selected commercial PLI partners (Partner Distributors) that will contact you to fulfil your request (in case PLI won’t be able to perform locally) (e.g. by means of emails or customers contacts) with information about PLI products and services.
In relation to the purposes referred to in paragraph A, B and C the legal basis is your consent.
In relation to paragraph A in particular, any refusal to provide the consent will not have any effect other than our inability to provide you the information you request, as well as to duly inform you of any initiatives that may be of interest to you and, if applicable, to share your Personal Data with third parties commercial partners of Petronas for their marketing purposes.
At any time, you have the right to withdraw your consent.
Your Personal Data are processed by Petronas personnel and, if necessary or functional to fulfilling the purposes indicated above, your Personal Data may be processed by third parties that may also be specifically appointed by us as data processors.
The categories of recipients to whom your Personal Data may be disclosed are the following:
- IT providers, ( for further info , you may contact us at email@example.com) consultants and legal, accounting, tax, labour and other professionals and agencies, including marketing agencies
- public entities and authorities, exclusively for the purpose of fulfilling legal and regulatory obligations.
Under certain circumstances, your Personal Data may be transferred outside the EEA among Petronas Group’s companies or to third parties data processors. In such cases, we ensure that Petronas has adopted appropriate safeguards, including binding corporate rules or standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission, in order to guarantee the data subjects with an adequate data protection. You may request to obtain evidence of the appropriate safeguards implemented by Petronas by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Personal Data will be retained for no longer than it is necessary to fulfil the purpose of its collection and to comply with our legal obligations, to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, to prevent frauds and abuse.
Without prejudice to the above, your Personal Data will be retained for no longer than three (3) years after the collection.
Rights of the data subject
You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not your Personal Data are being processed by us, and, where that is the case, you have the right to request us access to and rectification or erasure of the same or restriction of processing, and to object to processing, as well as the right to data portability, at any time. With respect to the right of data portability, you have the right to receive your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request the transmission of those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided.
If you have subscribed for or opted-in to receive our marketing communications you can opt-out at any time, free of charge, requesting that your Personal Data shall not be used for marketing purposes.
In case you wish to access or correct your Personal Data, or you have any questions about this privacy notice, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
In the event of a breach of applicable data protection laws you have also the right to file a complaint with the competent data protection authority. In addition, your Personal Data will be processed for complying with any requests from competent authorities.